Tuesday, May 12, 2009

They should just rename Cache "The Cougar Den"

So the other night when I was off buying tea at teavana (I know, I'm addicted) I made the mistake of wandering into Cache, where (1) they don't carry my size because suddenly a 14 is no longer acceptable (I remember back when a 16 was a normal size, don't know about you) (that was 3 in a row - I'd earlier stopped in a couture store where I wasn't shocked but Express??? Express has stopped selling size 14 pants except online? I'm getting paranoid that suddenly every store is going to stop selling my size, which I have been consistently since I was 12 years old - early bloomer, what can I say)

but worse than that

(2) THEY CARRY NOTHING BUT COUGAR CLOTHES.

Don't know what the hell I'm talking about?

For your reference:

Urbandictionary.com



The oh so grammatically correct College Affair Magazine (that's embarassing)

Lipstick Jungle


Yeah. It's like that.

I mean, everything was nicely made and flattering, and I have to hand it to them that everything was vibrant and colorful....but it was a lot like the high end version of a Wet Seal, Forever 21 or Charlotte Russe - plus grandma's vintage outdoor-indoor palm frond chaise pillows from her Florida home in the 1960's. And just like grandma's outdated Florida pillows, these clothes go perfectly with a third Cosmopolitan.

So without a do, I give you this season's tropically/jungle print inspired cougar clothes from Cache:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, ok. I'm zeroing on on cougar age and I can say with 100% confidence that I would never-EVAH be caught dead in that crap.

    No, not even when the estrogen from my estrogen patch surges into my bloodstream.

    Of course I've never been the nightclub type, so there ya go.

    That clip was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete